BIS Research projects global carbon neutral data center market to reach $16.53 billion by 2027
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Carbon Neutral Data Center Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the global carbon neutral data center market size (in revenue) was $5.02 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach $16.53 billion by 2027.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for the carbon-neutral data center:
- Government regulations on carbon emissions and rising emphasis on renewable energy
- Growing energy-efficient alternatives for data center cooling
- Sustainable development efforts and CSR activities
- Rising electricity tariffs globally
- The detailed study comprises 157 market data tables and 34 figures spread through 248 pages.
Existing Competitive Landscape
Profiled companies have been selected based on primary research inputs gathered from a network of industry experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Digital Realty Trust
Eaton Corporation plc
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
ANS Group Limited
Analyst’s Take on the Market
According to Rakhi Tanwar, Principal Analyst, BIS Research, “Carbon neutral data center is expected to be a great replacement of the conventional power sources and techniques used for operating data centers. Through the adoption of renewable energy sources, the global climate neutral goals can be achieved, and carbon emissions can be mitigated along with an increase in storage capacity.”
Recent Developments in the Global Carbon Neutral Data Center Market
- In May 2022, Alibaba Cloud, the foundation of Alibaba Group’s digital technology and innovation efforts, announced opening its third sustainable data center in Germany to meet the growing demand for digital transformation from clients across Europe.
- In May 2022, nZero, a carbon management platform, and Corscale, the Patrinely Group’s data center platform, partnered to provide customers with a sustainability solution that enables 24×7 carbon accounting and emission tracking.
- In March 2022, Normative, a Swedish startup sponsored by Google, released a free version of its carbon emissions tracker as businesses worldwide struggled to figure out ways of managing their carbon impacts.
- In March 2022, Amazon Web Services (AWS) allowed customers to access a tool that measures the carbon footprint of cloud usage and compares it to the expected impression of a data center located on-site.
Hyperscale Data Centers to Witness the Maximum Growth during the Forecast Period 2022-2027.
Carbon neutral data centers come equipped with various types of technologies and advancements. These technologies comprise hyperscale centers, enterprise, colocation data centers, and others, which include modular and mobile data facilities.
The global carbon neutral data center market (by product and by data center type) is expected to be dominated by hyperscale data centers. Most leading hyperscale and cloud service providers have committed to going carbon neutral.